ReverbNation profiles have a blog tab on them. This blog tab can reflect content from RN’s internal blogging system. Better yet, it can accept an RSS feed from a wordpress blog — such as this one. Here’s how to set up RN to accept an external blog.
- Go to the Profile page within which you wish to embedded the blog.
- Slightly down the page is a row of approximately ten tabs. Select the one entitled ‘BLOG/BUZZ’.
- On the upper right of the BLOG/BUZZ tab is a button entitled ‘Blog Preferences’. Click it!
- Select the Blog radio button for Default View.
- In the Blog section, select the radio button entitled “I would like to show a blog I maintain on another site.”
- In the text box entitled ““, enter the URL of the blog RSS feed*!
- Click the ‘Save’ button.
- Watch your RN blog populate itself with the source blog’s contents! Cool!
*Bonus section – what is the URL of the RSS feed of the blog in which I am interested?
There are several correct answers to this question. Perhaps an example would help to illustrate. In my case, I just wanted to use the entire blog contents, and I did not care in which specific format it was published. My blog is located at
http://www.joebear.net/blog/. In this case, the proper feed to be typed into the text box for Blog Preferences was
http://www.joebear.net/blog/feed . Simple, hunh?
To see how it looks, compare this blog with its RN representation at this link.
Note: this post was copied from joebear.net. You’re reading this at metaversemusician.com. Conseqently, these blogs are likely to be out of sync. Compare the RN Profile with this other blog.